Heya folks, So we’re at week 4 of my quest to donate the $1,700 in change I rolled.
To give you an idea of the quantities.
300 toonies (two dollar coins)
96 loonies (one dollar coins)
and then there was a misc amount of dollar bills I’d traded in for change over time.
It seemed incredibly daunting at first. The massive piles of mixed coinage. But slowly, one handful at a time I got through it. I believe that it means more this way having rolled it by hand then it would have, had I got to the local market and paid 10cents on a dollar to have it sorted/exchanged for bills.
Recently Erika Saunders had contacted me with a suggestion to donate to a local non-profit organization called Recyclore. They’re a volunteer run organization providing the community with used bicycles and access to a do-it-yourself repair shop. They even have an on-site mechanic to guide you in your repairs.
Items they’re taking in to recycle are as follows.
* Bicycles in any condition – none are turned away, even if it’s just scrap metal
* Bicycle parts and accessories – trailers, bags, tools, seats, reflectors, etc.
* Bicycle clothing – wash them first please
Donations, and donations on behalf of.
1) Ituneskiller – $50 – Ottawa Food Bank
2) Nuria aka nuri787 – $51 – Canadian Cancer Society pledged to Julia Saltarelli-McCrea
3) Erika Saunders – $51 – Recyclore
Thanks for all your help and input folks!! Keep the suggestions and worthy causes coming!
– Ravi Shanghavi, the CheapIndianGuy